Monday, February 19, 2018

You&Me / Pretty Little Studio DT

Hi everyone!! Im back today to share a new layout I made for the Pretty little Studio design team using the new and beautiful XOXO collection!

I loved the colors in this collection, purple is one of my favorite colors and I was so happy to see more of it showing up in scrappy collections this release! The teals and pinks are a great combo with the purple too!
I dont usually use color photos, but I thought it worked well enough with this collection, so I went for it! I started out with a larger purple rectangle in the center of my layout. I'm a sucker for polka-dots too, so I grabbed the tri colored dot paper and added a strip of it, off set and towards the bottom of the purple paper. Then I decided to see where exactly I wanted my photo.


Once I decided where I wanted my photo and backed it with some white cardstock, I started to add embellishments around my layout. I love the pack of blooms, and tucked them in here and there around my layout, along with some labels.


I was liking my layout, but I felt like it was off balance with the off set dot paper to the right, I thought I needed to add something to the left side too. So I pulled out one of the journaling cards from the collection and cut it into a tag shape and punched a hole in it. Then I grabbed those cute little hears and added them on top of the ampersand. 


I added a few more labels, tabs and blooms to the left of my photo. I added my title to the bottom of my photo and finished my layout off with a little shimmerz from my stash.


Pretty little studio Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment